Wednesday, September 20, 2000

Diocletian: A Pagan Opera, Op. 90


Op. 90 DIOCLETIAN: A PAGAN OPERA (September 20, 2000)
I. First Paragraph Music
II. Second Paragraph Music
III. Overtures
IV. Hornpipe (Four-To-) Tango
V. E-I-E-I-O Thunder
VI. Happy Funeral Music
VII. Let the Soldiers Tell
VIII. Since the Toils of Building
IX. Dance of the Furies
X. Tell Tune
XI. Two-For-One Chaconne
XII. Chair Dance
XIII. What Shall I Do?
XIV. Tarantella
XV. Butterfly Dance
XVI. Trumpet Tune
XVII. Speak, Flame
XVIII. Trumpet Tune
XIX. Country Dance

Op. 90a DIOCLETIAN (short version)
I. First Paragraph Music
II. E-I-E-I-O Thunder
III. Happy Funeral Music









II. What Shall I Do?
V. Speak, Flame
(Va. Great Diocletian)









VI. Country Dance

Performances:

January 23-25, 30-31, 2004
College of Marin Contemporary Opera
College of Marin, Kentfield, CA

March 17-19, 24-26, 2009
San Francisco Cabaret Opera
NOH Space, San Francisco

Recording:

DIOCLETIAN (Complete Works, Volume 33)